Thursday, 09 April 2020 | 04:08 WIB

Jakpro Continues to Accelerate JIS Project Amid Coronavirus Outbreak

Jakpro Continues to Accelerate JIS Project Amid Coronavirus Outbreak (skyscrapercity)

JAKARTA, NETRALNEWS.COM - PT Jakarta Propertindo (Jakpro) has ensured that development of the Jakarta International Stadium (JIS) project continues to be accelerated despite the Coronavirus outbreak in Jakarta. The company has applied a number of procedures to workers so as not to be affected by Covid-19.

"At present it [the project] is still ongoing, it's just that we have tightened the inspection and sterilization of every worker in the project. We sterilize everyone who is in the project, including residents of Kampung Bayam who supply food for the workers on site," said Iwan Takwin, Project Director of JIS at PT Jakpro, in Jakarta, on Friday (3/20/2020).

The company has minimized interaction with external parties during the development process. According to Iwan, meetings with external parties are conducted online. On the ground, his side routinely spraying disinfectants and checking the body temperature of all workers.

"Now we are working on the column and floor structure. Right now the progress is still on target, while we watch the development of the situation, hopefully soon it will improve. Everything we do, we do it as much as possible so that the target settlement is achieved," he said.

Iwan said JIS workers on the project's ground reaches 1,300 workers. However, all people on the site are certain to experience sterilization before entering the workplace. He added that the program for empowering residents of Kampung Bayam was growing, as workers rested only in the project canteen managed by residents of Kampung Bayam.

"The Kampung Bayam empowerment program continues, and the canteen continues to serve field workers, specially in the current conditions. We have requested all our workers to stay inside during meal times and eat in the canteen," he said.

Separately, the Head of DKI Jakarta's Road Management Office, Hari Nugroho, ensured that all Underpass and flyover development projects will continue to run even though the coronavirus outbreak (Covid-19) continues to spread. All workers so far have not been infected by the Covid-19 virus.

"Currently, all projects, including underpasses and flyovers, are still going according to the planning schedule. However, there are a number of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that are carried out before construction workers are active. Among them are checking body temperature, washing hands frequently, and minimizing social interactions," said Hari.

Hari said every project worker, both laborers and the leadership, are required to implement the additional SOP. So far, he said, all work is still running normally, and there are no workers affected by the Coronavirus.

"Supervision of the construction of road projects is always carried out closely. If there is only one worker who is suspect or positive of Covid-19, all project work will be stopped. We are targeting all construction to be completed this year," he said.

Previously, the Jakarta Provincial Government is developing three flyovers and an underpass this year with a total budget of around IDR736 billion. The projects comprise of the Tanjung Barat flyover of around IDR163 billion, the Cakung flyover worth IDR261 billion, the Lenteng Agung - IISIP flyover of IDR143 billion, and the Senen underpass project worth IDR169 billion.