PALU, NETRALNEWS.COM - The delivery of compensation for the families of the deceased indicates that the distribution of compensation from the Indonesia Ministry of Social Affairs is complete for the handling of the Tsunami disaster in Central Sulawesi.
In this last stage of distribution, the Ministry of Social Affairs gave compensation worth IDR 24.3 billion to 1,620 heirs of the tsunami victims, with a value of IDR 15 million each.
On behalf of the Minister of Social Affairs Juliari P Batubara, Head of Sub-Directorate for Natural Disaster Victim Management Sunarti symbolically handed over compensation to the Governor of Central Sulawesi Longki Djanggola at the Governor's Office of Central Sulawesi, today.
"In 2020, based on recommendations from the Regional Leaders of each Regency/City affected by natural disaster in Central Sulawesi Province, we will complete the last stage of heirs compensation for 1,620 people with a value of 24.3 billion rupiahs", Sunarti said in a written statement received by Netralnews.
This compensation, she continued, complements the compensation we have previously provided to 1,906 people in 2019.
The compensation was distributed to 1,620 people from four city districts with details of Palu City as many as 1,324 people, Sigi Regency 90 people, Donggala Regency 158 people, Parigi Moutong Regency 48 people.
In the previous stage, the Ministry of Social Affairs has distributed beneficiary compensation worth 28.6 billion rupiah to 1,906 heirs of victims who died as a result of the Central Sulawesi Tsunami that occurred on September 28, 2018. Thus, until now the Ministry of Social Affairs has distributed beneficiary benefits to 3,526 people with a total value of 52.9 billion rupiah.
The distribution of this compensation begins with a data collection process carried out by each City and Regency government. "We can only complete the heir compensation this year because we are waiting for data collection from the City Regency government. But thankfully, it can be completed today," added Sunarti.
Meanwhile, Governor of Central Sulawesi Longki Djanggola expressed his gratitude for the attention given by the central government.
"I would like to thank the Ministry of Social Affairs for undertaking the remainder of this second phase. However, I still hope that when in the future there are more data coming in, we will still propose it, as long as the data is accurate", said the Governor of Sulawesi. Middle, Longki Janggola when giving a speech.
Koni Ahmad (64), one of the beneficiaries, admitted that he was grateful for this assistance. According to him, this assistance can support his life, who has had a minimum income for the past two years.
"Alhamdulillah, this help might be useful for me because I don't have anything, after that, I haven't worked for two years, my shop is gone, my wife has died," said Koni.
As it is known, two years ago, natural disasters in the form of an earthquake, tsunami and liquefaction in Central Sulawesi Province resulted in thousands of deaths and damage to community housing and other public facilities.
During the disaster management phase, the Ministry of Social Affairs immediately distributed logistics for the basic needs of disaster victims. The Ministry of Social Affairs also deployed thousands of Disaster Preparedness Cadets for the establishment of posts, public kitchen support, and psychosocial support services.