JAKARTA, NNC - SHINee's member, Jonghyun, was reportedly died of suicide. The police found him unconscious with the charcoal still burning in his room. The monoxide gas from the charcoal is thought to have caused Jonghyun's death.
Actually how severe is carbon monoxide (CO)? Quoted from various sources, Monday (12/18/2017), carbon monoxide (CO) is known as the "silent killer" because it cannot be seen or smelt, which risks poisoning to death.
Any heater that emits gas such as gas stoves or gas heaters, as well as combustion using coal or wood, can spray carbon monoxide toxic fumes when not working properly.
Carbon monoxide leaks have early symptoms, so it's important to recognize signs of poisoning so that you can seek help in an emergency.
Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can include headaches, dizziness, malaise, fatigue or drowsiness, stomach pain and sudden breathing difficulties.
These symptoms are common for a variety of illnesses, but if other family members suffer from the same symptoms, there is a risk of carbon monoxide leakage.
Although high levels of CO can cause changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, heart rhythm become abnormal heart failure, and peripheral vascular damage, there is not much data on the effect of CO exposure to low levels of cardiovascular system.
Known relationships between smoking and an increased risk of coronary heart disease suggests that CO may have a role in triggering the disease (heavy smokers often contain HbCO or carboxyhemoglobin to 15 percent).
However, there is insufficient evidence to suggest that carbon monoxide causes heart or lung disease, but it is clear that CO is capable of disrupting oxygen transport throughout the body which can have serious consequences for someone who has suffered from heart or lung disease.