JAKARTA, NETRALNEWS.COM - Until now, there is no vaccine to prevent Corona virus infection or COVID-19. Therefore, the best preventive way is to avoid the factors that can cause you to be infected with this virus.
The following are some tips for the prevention of coronavirus or covid-19, as quoted from Alodokter:
- Avoid traveling to countries where Coronavirus transmission has been found.
- Use a mask when outdoors, especially in public places or crowds.
- Routinely wash your hands with water and soap or hand sanitizer that contain alcohol after outdoor activities.
- Avoid contact with animals, especially wild animals. In case of contact with animals, wash your hands afterwards.
- Cook meat until completely cooked or well-done before eating.
- Cover your mouth and nose with tissue when coughing or sneezing, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Do not touch your eyes, mouth, and nose before washing hands.
- Avoid being close to someone who is sick.
- Keep clean the objects that are often touched, and also keep the environment clean.
For someone suspected of having COVID-19, there are a number of steps you can take to prevent the Coronavirus from being transmitted to others, namely:
- Don't leave the house, except to get treatment.
- Try to stay apart from other people for a while. If it is not possible, use a bedroom and bathroom that is different from what others use.
- Forbid and prevent others from visiting you until you are completely healed.
- As much as possible do not meet with people who are sick.
- Avoid sharing the use of cutlery and drinking equipment, toiletries, and sleeping equipment with others.
- Wear a mask and gloves when in a public place or with someone else.
- Apply ethical cough and use tissue to cover mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, then throw the tissue into the trash.