JAKARTA, NETRALNEWS.COM - Krengsengan is an delicious local cuisine from Surabaya, East Java, that is made from beef or lamb. The prominent taste in this dish is the sour taste derived from tomatoes.
In addition to sour taste, this dish also offers savory, spicy and sweet flavors from sweet soy sauce.
Intrigued by this dish? Let's look at the ingredients and how to prepare it, as quoted from Baca Resep Dulu:
- 150 grams of beef, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 red chili, sliced
- ½ cup water
1. Mix the meat with sweet soy sauce, garlic, pepper, and salt, stir well. Let stand 10 minutes.
2. Heat cooking oil, add seasoned meat. Stir and cook until it changes color.
3. Add tomatoes and red chili, pour water. Stir and cook until the seasoning is soaking and the sauce thickens. Lift and serve while warm.
Preparing this dish is very easy and simple. The taste is also delicious, so don't be afraid to try this authentic Krengsengan recipe.